Land at Meikleton of Ardonald, Huntly
Support This Project
Thank you for supporting the Meikleton of Ardonald wind turbine proposal. Please enter your details in the form below. You can add your own reasons for supporting the proposal in the free text box, or alternatively, please see below for some examples as to why this project deserves your support:
- The Meikleton of Ardonald wind turbine will have an annual generation of over 11,300,000kWh. This will generate enough electricity to power over 2,300 Welsh homes.
- The proposed wind turbine at Meikleton of Ardonald will save over 3,900 tonnes of carbon each year, compared to the equivalent fossil fuel production.
- Electricity produced from the wind turbine will be able to power approximately 2,169 Aberdeenshire homes.
- The site has been shown to be suitable for wind by the existing Cairnborrow turbines immediately adjacent to the site.
- The turbine will be viewed as a single addition to the Cairnborrow wind turbines, and not amount to significant additional impact.
- The development at Meikleton of Ardonald will provide a significant community benefit to be used within the local area.
- The proposed wind turbine falls within an area deemed suitable for wind turbine proposals in the Aberdeenshire Local Plan.
- The wind turbine proposal is in line with national and local policy on renewable energy and sustainable development, and contributes to target reductions in carbon emissions and alternative energy requirements.